DIY Floral Vase + Floral Air Fresheners
The snow and ice has me stuck in the house with nothing to do but be creative and consume lots of wine lol. I've been working on a few home DIY projects and using my resources with things I already have laying around the house. So here's to a 2 in 1 DIY project... floral vase using those leftover wine bottles and a cool way to use flowers as a home air refreshener.
- wine bottles (save them as you consume them because you get great use out of them)
- Krylon metallic spray paint (gold or silver--your choice!)
- tape (if you want)
1. Grab your wine bottle and remove the package stickers. The easiest way is to spray Windex or glass cleaner on the label. Pretty much saturate it and it will peel off easily.
2. Head outside to spray your bottle down. Even though the spray paint label says it's safe to spray indoors -- I didn't. The fumes are kinda strong and it's not the best smelling air refreshener either.
3. Let it dry for a few minutes. Spray it again if you have spots.
How many steps was that two?! I love using wine bottles as vases because they give you an eclectic feel and you don't have to spend a lot of money on decor. Many times I use the bottles without spraying because the packaging is art work in and of itself.
Now on to the next DIY..using flowers as home air refreshners.
Ava Loren Design hosted a floral pop up shop on Valentine's Day and I couldn't resist getting a lesson in flowers by my sis Kamesha. I have fallen in love with fresh flowers and using them as decor in my home. What I love about flowers is they not only look pretty but smell great. The next time you're tempted to reach for that air freshener spray, grab some freshly cut flowers instead. There's no better way to add both fragrance and beauty to your home.
Here are two of my new favorite flower obsessions to instantly make your home smell fresh and fragrant...
Ginestra and Waxflowers are both shrubs--evergreen shrubs. They don't have your pretty petals but give off the most amazing fragrance.
Ginestra smells like a summer in Italy. It's fresh and clean. The aroma is a citrus fragrance that almost smells tropical. It is the flower I used in the floral vase and was perfect as decor and fragrance.
Waxflower is by far my favorite flower as a fragrance. It also has a sweet almond and lemon fragrance. It is a little deceiving though. It doesn't smell the best until you take your little hands and rub the evergreen shrubs. That's the green part! But..when you do..It produces the most amazing scent.
HAPPY DIY-ing on this cold and snowy day